Happy National Margarita Day!
Real holiday? We’ll let you decide that for yourself. However, at Nate’s Coffee, any reason to indulge in coffee is reason to celebrate. Yep, you read that right – National Margarita Day involves coffee. How? Why, with none other than a Coffee Margarita!
We know – it sounds odd, to say the least. And the fact that the origins of the coffee margarita aren’t clear makes it even more likely that someone made this on a whim (and we’re thankful for that whim). However, we have the recipe for the festive drink right here, so get ready to celebrate caffeine and tequila alike!
The Coffee Margarita
- What You’ll Need:
- 4-6 cinnamon sticks
- 13.5 fl. oz. of Nate’s Espresso Blend, hot
- ¼ cup Patrón XO Café tequila
- 1/4 cup reposado tequila
- 1/4 fl oz Frangelico, plus extra if necessary
- 3 1/2 oz crushed ice, plus extra if necessary
- ground cinnamon
- How to Make It:1) Carefully apply the cinnamon sticks directly to a naked flame or dry roast in a hot frying pan until scorched and toasted all over. Remove from the heat and divide among martini glasses or champagne coupes. 2) Combine the coffee, tequilas, Frangelico and ice in a blender and process for 1 minute, or until frothy and smooth.
3) Pour into the martini glasses and sprinkle with a pinch of ground cinnamon to garnish. You can also decorate the rim with cocoa, cinnamon, and sugar instead of margarita salt. Serves 4 to 6.
Tip: To turn this cocktail into a delicious granita, simply add extra coffee to taste and freeze it on trays, shaving it with a fork as it sets.
Recipe/Instructions originally from Edible Communities
Nate’s Espresso Blend can be found here