Make Your Own Nate’s Coffee Cold Brew
- 1/2 cup medium to coarse ground coffee (We recommend After Midnight)
- 15 oz cold water
- More water (for diluting later)
- Simple Syrup or sugar
- Place the coffee grounds in a container, add the water, and stir.
- Or, you can put the coffee in a large paper filter and tie off with unwaxed, unflavored floss. Once you add water, agitate gently instead of stirring.
- Cover and steep at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with a standard coffee filter and fit over a pitcher or bowl.
- Slowly pour the coffee into the filter until all of the liquid has passed through the strainer. Work in batches if you need and stop when you reach the solids at the bottom of the pitcher.
- Discard or compost the grounds and the contents of the strainer.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, concentrate will last about a week in the fridge.
- Dilute the concentrate with an equal portion of milk, cream or water.
- Sweeten with simple syrup or sugar if desired.
- Top with ice.
Order fresh roasted coffee at natescoffee.com
Don’t want to make your own? Pick up a growler of cold brew at North Lime Coffee & Donuts!